Sunday, April 24, 2005

So there is joy in giving ?... Or is there?

Notwithstanding my naive ignorance of life given just over two decades of my existence, reading about prominent people and their lives, professional and personal, has given me a reason to believe, that the biggest setbacks in one's life come from expecting too much from anybody else other than yourself.
And, not surprisingly, those who expect more out of themselves than from anybody else do well.
If you're going to give your everything to someone you like, either you don't expect to get it back or it better be to someone you're sure will give it back - Otherwise, brace up for a setback!

They say there is joy in giving, I think it comes with a tag that says conditions apply.

And then there are always those hapless few who don't read the fine print, and give everything they can to a 'heartless' few. And as it always tends to be, these 'heartless' few seem to be an attractive lot, not really expecting much, and neither do they intend to give back much.
And those who don't read the fine print inevitably run into this bunch and then it's just sometime before they get their setback(that they were asking for?)

In defense of the 'heartless' few, they might be nice people too, but then there is only so much they ever intend to give and giving them anything more than that is never really going to come back, and the more sensible among them don't even expect to get so much either.

So whose mistake is it anyway?
Whose ever it might be, it will be those who give and expect as much or more from people who simply don't, who suffer.

So what makes me write all this anyway? May be, I believe I am the reason for some minor setbacks in some people's lives and don't really know if it's my fault, although some of them have a reason to believe so!
And may be I'll have some of those setbacks too... and then I'll probably read this and see how unreasonable I was when I wrote this or differently, how unreasonable I had gotten since I had written this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home